PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
Sharing space with the likes of Lavender, it came to be widely known in the 17th century, tracing its use back to Chinese and Japanese folk medicine, even as far back as ancient Egypt, placed in the tombs of the pyramids – commonly used for culinary purposes & herbal medicine.
A brilliant solution to drifting thoughts and sore bodies, Peppermint is an excellent remedy to stimulate the mind, & calming inflammations & irritable skin conditions, also acting as a decongestant, alleviating muscle tensions & lending energy & upliftment.
A fast growing & spreading herb with dark green, serrated leaves laden with blossoms ranging from shades of pink to reddish violets – the essential oil extracted by means of steam distillation of the flowering tops.
Helps in: Treating cuts & bruises | Sprains and strains | Swelling & inflammation | Ringworms | Scabies | Toothache | Neuralgia | Muscular aches | Bronchitis | Bad breath | Sinusitis | Spasmodic cough | Colic | Digestive disorders | Mouth ulcers | Nausea | Feverish conditions | Colds and flu | Fainting | Headaches | Mental fatigue | Migraines
- Never ingest pure, undiluted essential oils without the supervision of a qualified aromatherapist or a trained practitioner. If ingested, it might harm your mouth, intestines and internal organs. For external use only.
- Always take Patch Tests before using any Natural Products
- Increased intake of Water and Fluids suggested – enabling the Toxins to flush out faster and enhance the effects of Essential Oils
- Keep away from the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your aromatherapy practitioner to learn more about specific phototoxic essential oils – not to be used during the day, but can prove to be really beneficial if used at night.
Essential oils can be of great help when in treating mild day to day ailments. Always keep a basic kit of essential oils handy, enabling you can make a fresh blend as needed.
Just as the name goes, minty fresh, spicy & nippy, the cooling Peppermint is more than just an everyday herb, well above its culinary flavour, its uses manifold – an incredible analgesic, expectorant & stress reliever, uplifting & energizing, soothing allergies & inflammations, cooling & cleansing wholly through!
Botanical Name: Mentha Pipertia
Characteristics: It is virtually clear, pale yellow coloured with thin consistency, a top fragrance note exuding a fresh, grassy & minty, spicy & camphoraceous aroma
Attributes: astringent, uplifting, energizing, cleansing & clarifying