Certified Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- Carrot Seed is fantastic for skin care (revitalizing and toning) and considered one of the best Essential Oils for Mature Skin.
- Mix 5 drops of carrot seed essential oil with 1 ounce of argan oil and 2 tablespoons of turbinado or brown sugar to form a thick paste. Massage into facial skin, avoiding the sensitive skin around the eyes, and rinse gently with warm water. This scrub can also be used on lips to remove flakiness or stubborn, long-lasting lip color before applying lipstick.
- Carrot seed oil also assists in removing toxin and water build up in the skin giving it a fresher more firmer appearance.
- Carrot seed oil has a detoxifying effect on the liver and cleans the digestive system and the body as a whole.
- It is helpful for arthritis, gout, edema, rheumatism and the accumulation of toxins in muscles and joints.
- Carrot seed strengthens the mucus membranes in the nose, throat and lungs, thus has a beneficial effect on problems such as bronchitis and influenza
Oil Specific: Carrot seed oil itself is said to have few side effects when used properly, its parent plant, the wild carrot, was found to increase risks of sun sensitivity due to its high furanocoumarin content, which has photosensitizing effects. It has also been reported to cause hypersensitivity reactions and occupational dermatitis. Do not apply carrot seed oil on your skin without mixing it with a carrier oil like coconut oil, olive oil, sunflower oil or hempseed oil. I also recommend staying indoors or covering parts of your body at least 72 hours after applying it on your skin. Ideally, you should perform a skin test first. Put a drop of carrot seed oil on a small portion of your skin and wait 24 hours. If any sign of skin irritation occurs, discontinue its use immediately. Carrot seed oil overdose may cause vomiting and convulsions. I suggest you consult a natural holistic practitioner before incorporating carrot seed oil into your treatment protocol to avoid potential side effects.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, please consult a health care practitioner prior to use. Possible skin sensitivity. Do not apply to sensitive tissues. Not intended for children six years of age or younger.
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Oh that glow nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing, or preventing any disease.
Aids in healing abscesses, boils, and other skin disorders. Nourishes, tightens, and rejuvenates skin. Alleviates pain due to menstruation. Helps stimulate appetite. Helps treat ulcers. Improves liver and gall bladder disorder, particularly hepatitis, colitis and enteritis. Assists in stimulating the lymph system. Helps women in breast milk production after childbirth. Helps ease hiccups, colic and flatulence. Relieves kidney stones and jaundice. Carrot seed oil is also widely used in vapor therapy or aromatherapy as a brilliant stress and anxiety buster and an efficient enhancer of respiratory and digestive functions.