Certified Cajeput Essential Oil
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Aroma: Strong, Slightly Sweet, Camphoraceous, Medicinal
Blends Well With: Clary Sage, Cedar, Eucalyptus, Clove, Geranium, Lavender, Marjoram, Tea Tree, Pine, Rosemary, Jojoba, Spice oils, Ylang Ylang
- Calming and antiseptic effects. Eases the pain given by insect stings. Can not be used for prevention, as the insects will like the smell of the oil on the skin. This oil is perfect for emergency treatment, especially for people suffering from allergies to insect stings and bites
Headache, ear and neck pain. Apply the essential oil on the affected areas. It is a powerful antiseptic, which eases your pains immediately
Psoriasis and acne. The cajeput essential oil is not a direct treatment for skin problems, but it is perfect to treat the unwanted inflammations and pains. It is used to extract chemicals like cineol.
- Cajeput oil is used to make vapor rubs and pain relieving balms. Used in nasal inhalers to open a blocked nose. It is used in making perfumes extensively. Aromatherapy and medicinal applications:
- Decongestant – Provides relief from nasal and chest congestion.
- Expectorant – Aids the release of phlegm from the lungs.
- Analgesic – Has a powerful pain relieving effect.
- Antibacterial – Kills certain species of bacteria.
- Antifungal – It kills many fungi species.
- Antiviral – Active against some viruses too.
- Antineuralgic – Exerts a protective effect on the nervous system.
- Antiseptic – Prevents infection in wounds.
- Carminative – Aids in the expulsion of intestinal gas.
- Diaphoretic – It promotes excessive sweating.
- Antipyretic ( febrifuge ) – Alleviates a fever.
- Insecticide – Kills many species of insects.
- Vulnerary – Aids in healing cuts, scrapes and wounds.
- Tonic – Promotes better working of the channels of the body.
- Antispasmodic – Reduces spasms.
- Astringent – Shrinks the skin and takes away excess oil.
- Anti-Inflammatory – Reduces inflammation.
- Antioxidant – Protects the cells from free radical damage.
Oil Specific: Cajeput oil is a strong irritant if used in the slightest excess. So, one should always dilute it in a base oil or water. This essential oil should not be used by pregnant women, and on babies. Cajeput essential oil may be helpful for eczema but it may be harmful for other skin conditions like psoriasis because it is an irritant. This oil is hardly used internally, even though it is a carminative. This should only be done under the supervision of a trained herbalist.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, please consult a health care practitioner prior to use. Possible skin sensitivity. Do not apply to sensitive tissues. Not intended for children six years of age or younger.
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Oh that glow nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing, or preventing any disease.
REVIEWS & RATINGS