Certified Buchu Essential Oil
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Aroma: Minty, Camphorous and Sweet Berry aroma.
Blends Well With: Cedarwood, Frankincense, Ginger, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Neroli, Orange, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Ylang-ylang.
- Bruising, colds and flu, coughs, digestion, gout, rheumatism, and urinary tract infections.
- Widely used in the perfume industry, as well as a component in artificial fruit flavors, alcoholic beverages, frozen dairy desserts, candy, condiments and relishes.
- Buchu leaves are used to ward off insects and as an antiseptic, Made in an infusion (tea), Buchu leaves help with urinary tract infections, digestive problems, gout, rheumatism, coughs and colds (as a tea use 1 teaspoon of fresh leaves per cup of boiling water).
- Buchu leaves are also steeped in brandy to produce a “medicinal” brandy used for a variety of ailments.
- In vinegar-based lotion, Buchu oil is used for bruises and sprains. Oil has antiseptic, antimicrobial and fungicidal properties and has been used since the nineteenth century to sooth skin and scalp complaints such as psoriasis, dandruff and eczema.
Oil Specific: Not for use in pregnancy except under the supervision of a qualified healthcare practitioner. Use with caution in persons with kidney inflammation. Highly toxic by nature. Never be use during pregnancy and it is not used in aromatherapy, due to its strong smell. Buchu oil should only be used in small, mild doses under the care of an expert.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, please consult a health care practitioner prior to use. Possible skin sensitivity. Do not apply to sensitive tissues. Not intended for children six years of age or younger.
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Oh that glow nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing, or preventing any disease.
REVIEWS & RATINGS