Certified Basil Essential Oil
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aroma: Fresh, Warm, Spicy, Herbaceous
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Clary Sage, Clove Bud, Geranium, Lime, Lemon, Juniper, Eucalyptus, Neroli, Marjoram, Rosemary, Melissa, and Lavender
Uses: Basil has many aromatic properties. Since basil oil has carminative properties, it is used for treating bronchitis, colds, coughs, exhaustion, flatulence, flu, gout, insect bites, insect repellent, muscle aches, rheumatism, and sinusitis. Cosmetic applications, improves digestion, treats asthma, treats infections, relieves stress, improves blood circulation, alleviates pain, eye care, and prevents vomiting. Add 2 drops each Basil and Peppermint into 2 quarts of Iced tea for a refreshing drink.
- Diffuse to sharpen focus while studying or reading.
- Apply to minor skin irritations. For sensitive skin, dilute with fractionated coconut oil.
- Apply to fatigued or sore muscles and joints.
- Diffuse or apply topically to promote clear breathing.
- Try basil essential oils topically on the feet or by diffusing them aromatically to fight fatigue.
- Add 1-3 drops in a recipe in place of fresh or dried basil for flavor.
- Use aromatically or massage over solar plexus and heart as needed for fear.
- Household Cleaning Spray, combine in a glass spray bottle:
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 20+ drops of lemon essential oil
- 15+ drops of basil essential oil
- For a focus and study aid try diffusing drops Lemon, 3 drops Basil and 2 drops Rosemary essential oil.
Oil Specific: Basil essential oil and basil in any other form should be avoided by pregnant, breastfeeding, or nursing women. On the other hand, some people suggest that it increases milk flow, but more research needs to be done.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, please consult a health care practitioner prior to use. Possible skin sensitivity. Do not apply to sensitive tissues. Not intended for children six years of age or younger.
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Oh that glow nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing, or preventing any disease.
REVIEWS & RATINGS